Start every Monday
Spanish lessons are the best option to live an intense intercultural
experience. It combines Spanish lessons, activities and accommodation
with a Spanish speaking family home.
Designed for students who want both to learn Spanish and be part of the local culture. The main objective is to give up the use of their mother tongue during the Spanish lessons. The Intercultural team is also committed to supporting the student's effort.
Spanish lessons include:
- 20 lessons with specific objectives*
- Extracurricular activities (language exchange, phonetics Spanish lessons, conversational Spanish lessons and other activities)
- Homestay (optional)
- Tourist activities (optional)
*A minimum of 2 students is required. If the minimum is not reached, the student can choose one of the hourly ranks (either 9 to 10:30 or 11 to 12:30). These are considered individual lessons.
These lesson are highly recommended for students who feel their needs require special attention.
At Intercultural, we adjust the teaching approach, the objectives, the time and the place to the individual Spanish lessons. We customize lessons and respond to the student’s requirements.
Our School has agreements with a variety of local organizations, institutions and companies. You can carry out volunteer work and internship programs in these institution in the commercial, productive, social and/or tourist areas. This program allows you to develop knowledge and/or skills in local organizations and companies and practice Spanish in real contexts.
Optionally you can take Spanish lessons, and study the specific vocabulary related to the area where the volunteering and internship program is carried out.
If you are interested in the local culture, this is your course. Our special courses cover different aspects of the local culture and/or disciplines.
Issues: Argentine history and geography, music, art or any other topics of interest.
Objectives of the course:
- Acquire, remember and use specific vocabulary and expressions.
- Appreciate intercultural differences.
- Communicate in Spanish.
Variety of lessons offered:
- Spanish and wine (vine-growing, winemaking, wine tours, talks with specialists and wine tastings)
- Spanish and adventure (Spanish lessons combined with trekking, rafting, zip-line and paragliding)
- Spanish and gastronomy (how to cook the best empanadas, asado (a type of barbecue), carne a la olla, pastel de papa and much more)
- Spanish and football (encourage a Mendocinean team and sing the best songs in the football court)
- Spanish for Spanish as a Foreign Language teachers ( specific courses for teachers teaching Spanish in their home countries)
Check the posibilities here!
The Common European Framework of Reference was the basis and organizer of our language courses, including the teaching of Spanish.
Intercultural offers programs for all levels (A1 to C2). We constantly review and check for updates in content and pedagogical aspects.
You can take an interactive tour throughout the Common European Framework of Reference or consult the table below.
|Common European Framework of Reference for Languages||Level at Intercultural||Didactic materials||Hs||General skills|
|A1||A1.1||Aula del Sur
|40-60||- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
|A2||A2.1||Aula del Sur 2
|40-60||- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information,
shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
|B1||B1.1||Aula del Sur 3 Ed. Difusión||60-80||- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters
regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
|B2||B2.1||Aula Internacional 4
|60-80||- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and
abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party. -
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
|Proficient User||C1||C1.1||Abanico, Ed. Difusión.||80-120||- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise
Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
|C2||C2.1||El Ventilador Edit. Difusión.
Dominio C., Ed. Edelsa
|100-160||- Can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read.
- Can summarise information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation.
- Can express him/herself spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in more complex situations.
WHY TO CHOOSE INTERCULTURAL?
COMMON EUROPEAN FRAMEWORK OF REFERENCE FOR LANGUAGES
All the languages levels are organized according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Each level is described above.
INTERCULTURALITY AND DIVERSITY
At Intercultural you open up to new cultures and languages.
Excellence is our goal, personal growth and acceptance of differences.
All students and clients at Intercultural receive personal attention and solutions according to their needs. The institution is designed to encourage interaction between people.
Our teachers have a strong commitment with their academic growth and development. This is reflected in the classes they teach.
Universidad de Congreso has merged with Intercultural Language Institute. Thus, the university shares its vision and educational objectives.
Different languages in one place
We work constantly for our students to reach their goals to communicate fluently and correctly in the language they are studying.
Check our current promotions. There is always some benefit for you!
Pasaje Pedro Vargas 631 - Ciudad de Mendoza - Argentina
(+54 261) 429-0269